views and thoughts from a mundane and regular life

Finding Beautiful Things in My Everyday World

views and thoughts from a mundane and regular life


Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Desired

I don't know what happened.  I met someone, I guess.  We were introduced, I thought him pompous and then?  Like a switch, or a magnet flip, this instant connection. I wish the situation would be easier, but it won't be.  It's going to be hard and difficult and yet, maybe it will also be awesome and amazing.  It's going to take time and in the end, it might not work.  That's the disclaimer.

Suddenly I find myself desired... pursued... wanted.  In a way I haven't been, ever.  Not even David was this aggressive and yet this man is subtle.   He's expressive and discrete and I find myself being able to tell him everything, he is able to listen and to hear me.  He finds that he also wants to tell me his life story - unvarnished, and I enjoy that - I want his soulfulness.  I could be in trouble here.  

He doesn't want to rescue me.  I don't need a rescuer, I never have.  But he wants me to succeed, he champions it.  I want to do the same for him.  I don't know what I am going to do with all of this, but it's a lot to think about.  But as a woman who feels?  This feels really good.


Sadly, it will be a long, slow process - which is excellent for friend building.  In the end I may not wait for the timing to work out... I am not saying no, I am not saying yes.  I am just here in this moment, enjoying being desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment