views and thoughts from a mundane and regular life

Finding Beautiful Things in My Everyday World

views and thoughts from a mundane and regular life


Thursday, December 27, 2012

HOME!

 
Yep, that's where I am.  Right there.
I drove in from the airport - a 3ish hour drive - and as I approached the tall highway 101 bridge driving into North Bend I started feeling simply giddy.
I drove through Coos Bay, seeing the same things that I do when I go through, and yet even in ten days there were a few changes. 
But the best bit is when I drove into my small town. 
The cheese factory that is going in has been framed in and sheathed, which is so exciting for me (and my small business).
My beloved beach was still there, still perfect.
And it's home.  Driving up to this place, I was just giddy with that knowledge.
This is my home in a way that no other place I've been has been MY home.
It's my solace, my enticement.  This place loves me, who I am works here.
I am so very glad to find the place in the world where I am home.
I don't know what it is about this place that makes me so thrilled, but it does, and I am... home, home, home, home, HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment