views and thoughts from a mundane and regular life

Finding Beautiful Things in My Everyday World

views and thoughts from a mundane and regular life


Friday, November 12, 2010

nothing....but a plain horse and waggon on Mulberry Street.

"And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street" was one of my favorite books when I was a small Ole. I know I read it more than a number of times, for I too was an imaginative child in a fairly mundane world. I once convinced a classmate that my Aunt M and Uncle D had a lion on their farm (preposterous, we all lived in Minnesota).

I told stories to myself at the top of my lungs while mowing the lawn (a chore I detested), and sang, and made off like I was receiving a Grammy. I don't think that this imaginative streak has changed much, but I am not trying to convince friends of imaginary lions any longer.

Currently, I am a 40ish business woman in a creative field. I've recently moved from Minnesota to a place that has instantly felt like home in Oregon. I adore where I live. However, everyone has days when they doubt themselves, when they feel like where they are now is not where they belong. In an effort to remind myself of the beauty of the now, I am posting photos of my drive to work, of things I see on my back and forth drive, or at events that I attend while at work. There is beauty in this mundane, and I do not need to invent elephants, or in my case, lions.

1 comment:

  1. There IS beauty in the mundane. So often we cast our eyes over it, paying no attention to the simple beauty all around us.

    I think this is a wonderful thing for you to do to remind yourself AND a generous gesture to share them with all of us.

    Especially those of us hungering for the West part of the country! =)

    ReplyDelete